The latest update is available, you can get hold of the Android 4.4.3 factory images here. Direct links are provided below:
- Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 (KTU84M)
- Nexus 7 WiFi Android 4.4.3 (KTU84L)
- Nexus 10 Android 4.4.3 (KTU84L)
- Nexus 4 Android 4.4.3 (KTU84L)
Note that installation of the factory images will wipe the contents of your device and given that there aren’t really any new features here you are best off waiting a few days for the update to arrive automatically.
OTA (over the air) updates should start downloading to our Nexus devices shortly, let us know if you’ve got the update!
So what’s new in Android 4.4.3?
The official page doesn’t list anything particularly descriptive:
- Security enhancements
- Various bug fixes
However there are a number of changes we can expect.
Known new features:
- The new dialler was actually first leaked by Google’s Nexus account back in April. You can find some screenshots over here.
- Data connection drop out
- mm-qcamera-daemon crash and optimization fixes
- Camera focus in regular and HDR modes, plus additional camera bugs
- Multiple Bluetooth fixes
- Power Manager display wake lock
- Fix for a random reboot
- App shortcuts security
- USB debugging security
- Wi-Fi auto-connect
- MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts
- DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
- Missed call LED
- Internet telephony fix
- Data usage graph
- Other miscellaneous fixes
Know of any other changes? Please let us know!
Current rumours are for a major Android release later this summer, if the information is accurate we can expect Android 4.5 to be announced at the Google I/O conference at the end of June.
There has been some talk of an iOS7 style make over with an update to the interface. This could be a good time to do it to allow Android 5.0 a new feel without overwhelming users with change. Watch this space!
Have you got the new version?
Please let us know in the forum, what model do you have, when did you get it, have you noticed any improvement?