You might not have realised it, but the London Olympic Games kicked off about an hour ago! That’s right, the opening ceremony isn’t until Friday, but the Women’s British Football team have just kicked things off.
So, the first app installed on my new Tablet… the official Olympic Games results app! You can get it here.
This is just the kind of thing that I bought this tablet for. The perfect sofa side companion for the next three weeks. A quick couple of taps and I was able to pull up the team list, stats, current standings and more… everything you could possibly want to know about the opening GB vs NZ football game.
The app promises the following:
- Results: Get all the results from 36 events across the Olympics and para-Olympics.
- Live Schedule: Follow events as they unfold in real-time
- Calendar Schedule: View the daily scedule and set reminders and alerts for specifc events.
- Sports: View details of each sport including background and historical information.
- Medals: Keep tabs on the medal count throughout the games.
- Athletes: Follow the performance of your favourite athletes as well as view all the related stats.
- My Games: Keep up to date with the events you are interested in and the team you want to follow.
I’ve always enjoyed watching the Olympics and can’t help feeling excited at having the games on my doorstep. So although it’s going to be nightmare commuting through London over the next couple of weeks I’m looking forward to following the action and watching as much of the games as I can.
Have you got the app? Have you got tickets?