The official specifications for the Nexus 10 have been announced today.
Despite the delay of Google’s launch event, all the details are now up on their website.
Nexus 10 Specifications
So the interesting points to pick up on, the new 10″ tablet has an impressive screen resolution in packing 300 pixels into every inch (whilst the previous leader only packs in 264). Again there appears to be no SD storage which indicates this could be a disappointing tend for future tablets. This is a real shame imo as users are crying out for this. But it is good to see HDMI output is included on the Nexus 10.
And of course, no new tablet would be complete without a new operating system, welcome to Android 4.2! Hopefully this means Nexus 7 owners can expect an update in November.
Here is the full list:
- Screen 10.055” 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi)
- WQXGA, HD PLS
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
- Size W: 10.39 in (263.9 mm)
- H: 6.99 in (177.6 mm)
- D: 0.35 in (8.9 mm)
- Weight 1.33 lbs (603 g)
- Cameras 5MP (main), 1080p video
- 1.9MP (front), 720p video
- Memory 16 GB or 32 GB (formatted capacity will be less)
- CPU/GPU CPU: Dual-core A15 Eagle
- GPU: Mali T604
- RAM 2GB
- Sensors Accelerometer, Ambient light, Compass, GPS, Gyroscope, Pressure
- Wireless Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (MIMO+HT40)
- Dual-side NFC (Android Beam)
- Connectivity Micro USB
- Micro HDMI
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery 9,000 mAh Lithium polymer
- Standby: up to 500 hours
- Music playback: up to 90 hours
- Video playback: up to 9 hours
- Web browsing: up to 7 hours
- OS Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Nexus 10 Release Date
The 10″ Google Nexus will be available from November 13th 2012 via Google Play in the UK, US, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.
- 16GB edition costing £319 ($399 in the US)
- 32GB version setting you back £389 ($499)