Tomorrow sees the annual Google I/O event which is typically used to announce Google’s upcoming ambitions for Android. In previous years we have seen them announce details of the next version of Android and new Nexus devices.
You can track the goings on at I/O 2015 using their app. As well as giving you details of the schedule and allowing you to set reminders, you can actually stream the keynote speech and other sessions live through the app.
I’ll be watching out for the keynote, this is where the big headline announcements will be made. Of course no blog post on this topic would be complete without a few predictions (wild guesses) on what we might expect.
Google I/O predictions
- A new Nexus device! There’s nothing like a new Nexus announcment to get us excited here at nxtab, as the leading dedicated UK Nexus blog we like nothing more than a new device to get our teeth into. We’d love to see a Nexus 5 (2015) or how about a Nexus 8?
- Android M. We’re calling Android Milkshake, but Marshmallow or even another Nestle tie in, Maltesers are all on the cards! Many Android users don’t have last year’s Lollipop yet, but that’s the beauty of the Nexus line, we get the updates first!
- Self driving cars get a mention. Too early for any details on how and when these might be available but they’ll want to keep us up to date on the development.
- Following on from self driving cars, Google Auto has two sessions lined up, so expect to learn more about Google’s push into your dashboard. They’ll be keen to keep ahead og Apple’s CarPlay
- Google Glass (2015), despite rumours that the Glass project was dead, Google were quick to point out that they were just moving to the next phase of the project. Will we find out more tomorrow?
- Android TV is the replacement to Google TV, they’ll need more of a rebrand to kick things off but it will be great to hear where this is heading. Will the Nexus Player get a mention?
What are you hoping will be announced? Let us know below!