There are quite a few longer chargers on Amazon but from what I’ve seen they are badly made and all seem to be 1amp which is apparently too slow. Has anyone bought one they can recommend? Thanks
There’s a neat thread over on XDA by someone who has spent some time investigating charing of the Nexus 7, you can read it here:
As you have noted one of the author’s conclusions is to use a high quality, high amperage USB charger.
Another thread I found lists some known working chargers:
– OEM Asus charger / $25 / ~1.8A / 3′ cable
– HP Touchpad charger / ~$15 / ~1.6A / 6′ cable
– Blackberry 1.8A Playbook charger / 1.8A rated / $15 / 6′ cable
– Asus Transformer charger model AD827M / $? / 2A / length?
– Nokia AC-10U / 1.2A / $? / 6ft integrated cable
– Blackberry 700mA charger / 700mA rated / $5 / 6′ cable
I can also add that the charger my Missus got with her Samsung Galaxy Ace seems to work fine, but I mostly plug it into my work PC’s USB port – I guess that’s one advantage of a desk job!
Can anyone recommend a charger they’ve bought from Amazon?